by Linda Barton, youthtoday.org
In 2013, the Wyoming Afterschool Alliance (WYAA) became interested in understanding the school-to-prison pipeline based on the alarming statistics that we were seeing in Wyoming and across the nation about incarceration and detention. It was confounding … Read the rest
Not too long ago, my colleagues and I created a mentoring program, called GirlPOWER!, for African American and Latina early adolescent girls. Our goal was to ensure that the program was gender specific as well as … Read the rest
Written by Robin Cox
Placing the family at the heart of the holistic learning journey.
- creating the most effective conditions for learning and the support of teachers, students and their families;
- building authentic, effective and meaningful relationships;
- building caring communities.
To increase the effectiveness and availability of mentoring interventions for our youth, researchers and practitioners must form dynamic, bidirectional collaborations. Even beyond such partnerships, it is important that all stakeholders in mentoring programs be able to understand … Read the rest
Topics of Interest
- MENTOR: The National Mentoring PartnershipNovember 12, 2014 - MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR) is the unifying champion for expanding quality youth mentoring relationships in the United States. For nearly 25 years, MENTOR has served the mentoring field by providing a public voice, developing and delivering resources to mentoring programs nationwide and promoting quality for mentoring through standards, cutting-edge research and state of the art tools.
- Academic Web PagesAugust 6, 2012 - Academic Web Pages is the leading provider of customized websites for researchers, centers, nonprofits, and universities. AWP designed and has contributed generously to the creation of the Chronicle of Evidence-Based Mentoring.