Learning Experience Design and Development (LX)
Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
We seek applicants who are passionate about university-level teaching and learning, and who have an interest in helping develop innovative resources to promote exceptional experiences for students and faculty. The postdoctoral associate is an early professional career position which will receive mentorship and experience while working with collaborative teams that enhance the development of resources supporting student learning. We are filling a one-year term positions. Stanford affiliation is preferred.
Description of position:
Postdoctoral Associate in Academic Support
This candidate has an interest in understanding student learning and has a background in any of a range of disciplines, particularly the social sciences. Professional opportunities will include:
– Partnering with several other universities to complete testing and revision of Academic Skills Coaching manual currently being drafted
– Conducting implementation research on the use of academic coaching model and resilience tools, evaluating the efficacy of the tools and resources
– Observing and conducting academic skills coaching sessions
– Collaborating with Resilience Consortium steering committee to design and organize winter mini-symposium as part of AAC&U annual meeting
– As part of the Stanford Resilience Project, assisting in development of new tools and refining existing tools which help students develop resilience
– Providing support for major annual event, “Stanford, I Screwed Up”
– Participating in other VPTL projects
This position begins September 1, 2015 and includes a competitive salary for 12-month contract plus health care benefits. Applications will be accepted immediately and reviewed until July 10th, 2014. Applications should include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of three references. Only applications made online at http://jobs.stanford.edu will be considered. Search for Job #67003
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.