9th Annual UNM Mentoring Conference – October 24 – 28, 2016

unm-mentoringThe Mentoring Institute at UNM is pleased to announce its 9th Annual Mentoring Conference. This five-day event will be held on Monday October, 24 2016 through Friday October, 28 2016  in the Student Union Building  on UNM’s Main campus in Albuquerque, New Mexico.





Call for Proposals Release : March 15, 2016
Abstract Proposal Submission Deadline : May 15, 2016
Notification of Submission Acceptance : May 30, 2016
Paper Submission Due (First Draft) : June 30, 2016
Peer-reviewed Papers Returned : July 30, 2016
Final Paper Submission Due : August 30, 2016
Registration Deadline : October 12, 2016

We invite faculty, staff, and students of higher education, researchers, K-12 educators, community leaders, administrators, non-profit partners, government agencies, and other professionals to join us in a rich mix of conversation, networking opportunities, hands-on workshops, and engagement among scholars and professionals in the fields of mentoring, coaching, and leadership.

About the Conference

Each year, the Mentoring Institute hosts its Annual Mentoring Conference. Featuring four keynote/plenary sessions and over 300 presentations total, the 2015 conference attracted 800 people to New Mexico.  We aim to host a broad constituency, which includes divisions of higher education, academic researchers, educators, community leaders, administrators, non-profit partners, government agencies, and other professionals.

Who Attends the Conference?

At the 2015 Mentoring Conference, 86% of attendees were faculty, staff or students from higher education. The remaining 14% are from the areas of health care, government, non-profit, and corporate/business.

2015 Conference Testimonials

“I am writing to express my comments regarding the conference. It was absolutely outstanding! This year was my first time attending and I really learned a lot and was able to communicate with colleagues throughout the country. Every aspect of the conference was very professional, organized, thorough, and effective. […] You provided a perfect conference, perfect organization, and perfect location! I really appreciated being able to interact with, communicate, and learn from professionals from different disciplines. Thank you!”     –  Lisa D. Hobson, Prairie View A&M University

For more information on guest speakers and workshop leaders, as well as registration guidelines, please visit the Mentoring Conference Home Page.